The intermediary is no longer relevant to get your message out.
What you need is a platform that has your target audiences. In PR terms stakeholders.
In my early days as Head of Corporate Communications I would do media rounds.
I had to build what was called Media Relations.
‘Reputation’ is one of the most critical assets for an organisation.
Negative media coverage could damage reputation with serious repercussions.
A positive Brand image with stakeholders was essential for business.
And thus intermediary media played an important role.
The media was more accessible to large organisations.
Media coverage by a third party was more believable than advertising.
The world has changed.
1. The intermediary has been replaced by digital platforms.
2. Digital platforms are accessible to anyone, even a one person business.
3. You can get your voice heard , anyone can on digital platforms.
4. The new Digital media has given a rise to a new breed – The influencers.
5. The control has shifted to the consumers, they decide the content they consume.
6. Content is consumed Digitally , mostly on mobile.
7. Digital media is on 24×7.
8. Reputations can be built and damaged rapidly .
9. A newspaper article can get dated , forgotten. On Digital media every thing that is out there stays , forever.
10. Online Feedback and Review is a powerful tool for customers to voice their opinion on Brands , Products and Services.
11. You can build Brand presence by being strategic and consistent .
12. In the Digital world 80% of the content consumed is video.
13. Audiences have switched off from interruption marketing.
14. In the Digital world audiences consume Entertainment, Stories , Information, Education.
15. In the Digital world it is easy to measure impact unlike traditional print media PR .
With these changes Traditional PR agencies are no longer relevant.
Traditional Advertising agencies are no longer relevant.
Traditional Corporate Communications is no longer relevant.
Reinventing needs a mindset shift.
It is not just a title and role change.
I have been helping small businesses to build their Brand presence with good success.
The direct outcome is Business besides building long term brand.
I find many large organisations are slow to move .
What is stopping change is being in comfort zones .
Guarding the turf , surviving will no longer sustain. Sooner or later your game is up.
The time to change is NOW. What is your opinion?