Visual Brand Storytelling Tips to Power your content Marketing
Interruption advertising as we know it is dead, consumers are in charge of content they now consume through their mobile phones. In India the fall of prices of smart phones and cost of data is driving up usage. As consumers now turn to consume entertainment and information on their mobile devices, advertising will become the entertainment.
Across Facebook, Instagram, YouTube consumers now consume visual content that tells a story and engages them. The new marketing is visual brand storytelling.
With that in mind you need to come up with content that’s well worth engaging with for an extended amount of time.
The question then is how can your content break through the noise?
Visual Storytelling is a powerful answer that results in greater engagement, traffic and sales.
- Photos and images are most important element in optimising social media posts.
- 93 percent of most engaging Facebook posts include images.
- Videos on Facebook are shared 12 times more than text posts
- One-third of online activity is spent watching video
- 51% of marketing professionalsworldwide name video as the type of content with the best ROI.
- According to a report published by Forrester, including video in an email leads to a whopping 200-300% increase in click-through rate.
Visual storytelling technique to gain social media traction
- Tell your Story with video : Stories are remembered 22 times more than data. Translating stories into videos is like making mini blockbuster movies that people love to share and comment on . Every story has a hero and it is not the brand .
In a classical emotional story telling of how Hyundai cars are long lasting and carry happy memories this video has gathered millions of views . check this out.
- Authentic Story Telling : A brand visual story cannot claim something that it is not . Visual story telling needs to be authentic and connect with the world view of the target audience.
BlendTech is a good example of simple video story telling that went viral and sold the blenders. ‘Will it Blend’ is a classical success story , the blender is powerful what better way to tell the story then demonstrate it can blend anything from marbles to ipad , capture it on video and just put it out there.
Check this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAl28d6tbko
3.Add Value : Content that adds value to your target audience will be consumed and will keep them engaged . The length of the content is not as important as it’s ability to add value . It is now seen that people watch long form videos on social media as long as it keeps them engaged.
With no fancy videos and marketing Dr Pramod Tripathi has been sharing videos that help diabetes patients to reverse their disease and he gathers a good amount of viewership https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bhe32yWgZ_A&t=336s
4.Protagonist : Do you have a protagonist , case studies of real people who have experienced your brand and are now your brand ambassadors ?
Land Rover found that there is a city ‘the place where all roads meet’ deep in the Himalayas, and discover why this remote village in the sky is known as the Land of Land Rovers.
Check out the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNXU1IR2LR8
- Connect Brand Storytelling with Good :
People like to see stories of hope and these stories are shared with friends and family. Stories that touch the heart can get people to open up their purses.
Here is an example of video story telling , Dick’s sporting goods did short movies around coaches that were making a difference , the result has been spectacular . You can check out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuHK-pd_8AE
Visual Brand Storytelling is the future of marketing and is happening now !