Yesterday my very first client I worked with after I got out from the Corporate world as a marketing strategist and coach hit 5x business.
Yes it feels good even as the pressure now mounts to sustain the momentum.
This is what I learnt from the experience
1. Passion – the client is completely passionate about what he does , he is not just there to make profits but is completely committed to making a difference to the customer segment he serves.
Of course profits are essential to provide world class service but the driver is purpose.
The very first questions every brand and business needs to ask whatever the size maybe – “Why do I exist ? – what will happen if I do not exist ?”
2. Trust – He was my first client when I stepped out from the Corporate world as an marketing entrepreneur and coach.
He trusted me and has stayed the trust for the long run.
Yes there were results at every step but he has completely trusted my calls and the way I guide the sales and digital teams both internal and external.
This is most essential, many clients are impatient and keep second guessing or they keep listening to many voices .
This creates confusion and does not help in staying focused.
In any business it is essential that you focus and if you have a coach might as well listen to him.
Sometimes a good coach may tell you unpleasant things but that is the role. Listen !
3. My Belief – I personally believe in what my client does and that he adds value to his clients. I call this #blessed work .
You get paid for doing good work is what I love. It is meaningful work.
If I as a Coach did not have faith in my clients work and potential I could not have helped produce the growth outcomes.
4. Team – it takes a team to produce outcomes. We have a highly passionate and committed team .
In my work with clients as a Strategist and Coach I work with both internal and external teams. Wherever needed I pull in expertise from my network.
Again the client provided me the space to take my decisions.
A orchestra is as good as every performer.
5. Focus – It is essential to focus and not get distracted.
Being consistent needs a lot of patience and hard work.
The client has stayed the course for long term with sharp focus.
In the digital world Focus and Consistency are the most important keywords.
6. Investing to Delivering the Promise – the client understands the importance of a satisfied client, rather he calls them ‘family’ .
He is consistently investing in people , process technology and innovation to help scale and deliver the service promised.
(many in the competition even copy his innovative protocols)
I do believe that word of mouth is the best marketing.
We are seeing a consistent growth in organic traffic that comes through referrals.
7. Investing in marketing- the client has been consistently investing in both performance and brand marketing.
We have consistently used client member storytelling that is authentic and inspiring.
Your work needs to speak and speak loud. And what better than your own clients telling their stories.
Whenever I wanted to initiate innovative marketing campaigns the the client was willing to back me and invest in the calls.
One more important learning I always carry is , “THE REAL FUN IS IN THE JOURNEY, NOT THE DESTINATION.”
A good client helps you discover the best within you